Saturday, December 8, 2007

Our mission started on our dating anniversary date

We came back from southern Brazil with 4 holes in our hearts.
After 2 years, we returned to the same orphanage where we met Brian, a child we were not able to adopt; today, we have adopted David and Julia from Russia.
Our 9 year old friend Brian and his best friend Ivan have committed their lives to Christ, Brian was then adopted by another great family and so, we thought it was time to go back to the place where we started our adoption journey. We were actually joyful.

I still feel their eyes asking me more questions that the ones they voiced. The same older kids are still there. “Auntie, is it true you already adopted two children?”

Brian and I came back from Brazil the week before thanksgiving with 4 holes in our hearts: Areli, Alessandra, Beatriz y Gabriel who are still waiting to be adopted.
Brian and I are praying to find God’s direction on this situation, but in the meantime, we have felt the call from God to advocate for the ones that are still waiting.

Today, Orphan Advocate Mission started.

Today is a special day as Brian and I celebrate the day we first started dating back in 1990 and the day that Brian asked me to marry, that was back in 1991.

Here is a picture of the children that inspires us to go on into this new adventure.
They are christians, well behave children, sweet, and are doing well in school. They need to be adopted together.

1 comment:

Aleckii said...

Can I just say what an amazing job it is your guys are doing? I love children too, and for the longest time now I am sure that I want to be a paediatrician, treating and helping sick children. And I think it is wonderful that you are giving David and Julia a family to go home too.

I wish you all the best with your missionary work. Hopefully one day when I'm working, and maybe settled down, then I will start considering adopting some children of my own.

Thanks for all the things that you are doing for the children. God Bless!